Summer is at an end. We've enjoyed the warm summers abroad on vacation and have survived the blazing hot inferno of Southern Utah.
Our summer kicked off mid May on a family trip to California. My husbands immediate family gathered together and stayed at an amazing beach house, literally just a few feet from the shoreline. We played games, dined, biked race, beach volleyball, played at sea world and basked in the sun all week. It was fun to see all the little cousins hang out.
It was Emery's first beach experience and we couldn't keep her out of the water! Our little mermaid loved running in. I also missed the waves brush passing me and then pulling the sand from underneath my heals. There's really something magical about walking along the beach shore with the love of your life!
After the beach trip, we made a trip to Disneyland and California Adventure. Our hotel was right across the street so we could just walk on over! I am a huge fan of convienince so you know I loved the location.
I haven't been to disneyland since I was a little girl, little enough that I don't remember a thing. So, the whole experience was new to me. I am a roller coaster fiend but, it's even more fun to see my little girl enjoy herself. Most rides however, she had on a straight face. Probably just soaking up the new scenery. But, you should have seen her face when she met Ana and Elsa. It was the first time we had seen her face light up since Sea World.
I loved every inch of the place, but Cars land and the carnival themed area stole my heart.
The entire trip was amazing. We got to just spend time with family doing fun things.
| The First smile we got out of her. She lit up when she saw Ana and Elsa!! |
![]() |
| All of the kids and spouses |
A week later, we were off to the Virgin Islands. My older sister was getting married so we came out to support and celebrate.
Stepping unto a beach there was like walking into a generic beach wallpaper screen on a computer. The sand was really that white and the sky was really that blue and the water was really that clear and the whole thing is really just UNREAL. The beaches there are in cove like areas so the water is calm. Emery could just sit in it and play. I loved it. The wedding was beutiful and it was also a family reunion for us. Those rarely happen! One day we'd love to go back, but maybe just Adam and I :)






















No comments:
Post a Comment