2018
At the end of last year, Adam started working for a startup out of San Francisco. It was new and exciting and at the same time, very stressful during the transition! As he finished up at his previous job, he started commuting to Cali. We decided to move as a family for four months to the Bay area so Adam could focus more on the job and have us to come home to. It was hard being away for two weeks straight, I couldn't imagine him leaving for four months, I'd go insane! More importantly, We wanted to stay together.
In the early hours of New
Years Eve, we headed
out! We were traveling for 12 hours, and the girls were SO great, we didn't hear Taylor cry once! My mother-in-law gave us some travel games for the girls, and I think that saved us. The girls are really into puffy stickers and it kept them quiet for hours. HALLELUJAH. Years Eve, we headed
We moved into a two-bedroom apartment. Honestly, other than the fact that we don't have ceiling lights and first world luxuries like an icemaker and water dispenser, I LOVE it. We are always in close proximity to each other (which can be both good and bad haha) but for the most part, I love the closeness. We left a chunk of the toys behind, and really, just all the clutter and distraction. I've been reading up on minimalism(as much as you can as a parent with toddlers) for a while and simple living and being in this environment really helps me practice that. Also, that means more dance parties and preschool time with Emery's new teacher (me).
Our apartment is within walking distance to downtown, complete with Jamba Juice and Cold Stone so, we are set!
You're probably wondering where Oakley is...She stayed behind in Utah with an amazing family.You can imagine how devastated Adam was to leave her behind but, I'm pretty sure she won't want to come back to us. The family is way too fun. She went on two walks and a run on her first day and then headed to the west desert to explore. Maybe now she'll lose her muffin top haha :)
We're happy to be here to learn and grow. Then, right after we get back to Utah, we'll meet baby #3 in May! I got a gender check when Adam was in Cali. Check out the surprise!




No comments:
Post a Comment