Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Twelve Day Walk With Christ: Day 3



Day 2 Thoughts:
Am I seeking Christs help? My initial reaction to this question was, "of course I'm seeking Christs help! I pray to him daily requesting his help with a number of different things." But Duet. 4:29-31 shed a new light on this for me. "... If from then thou shalt seek the Lord thy God, thou shalt find him, if thou seek him with all they heart and with all thy soul." When my world seems to be falling down around me, nothing seems more naturally in the world than to seek Christ's help. But can I honestly say that I am constantly seeking him with all my heart and with all my soul all of the time? I'm afraid I can't answer that question with any degree of confidence. In paraphrasing C. S. Lewis, some people regard Christ as an airman regards his parachute, he's there when he needs it, but he hopes he never has to use it. We need not wait for a moment of crisis to run back in to Christ's outstretched arms - he would prefer we never leave. He has promised us success if we seek, and he will reward us in direct proportion to how much of heart and soul we have put in to the search.
Love,
Adam & Charlene


Day 3: 
Question: Do I really understand repentance? 
Read: Mosiah 2:38 and 4:9-12; Alma 36:6-25; D&C 58:41-43
Ponder: Have I truly sought forgiveness from the Lord? Do I really believe He will forgive me?

No comments:

Post a Comment